Everything at one click at Lohmann & Rauscher
All relevant ESG data in one place: Cross-departmental access to ESG software used for tenders, stakeholder information and much more.
The challenge at Lohmann & Rauscher
- Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R) is a leading international supplier of future-oriented medical and hygiene products
- Sales volume 2018: more than 650 million euros in 49 Group companies
- More than 5,000 employees, 130 sales partners and 1,200 suppliers worldwide
- Represented in all major markets and on all five continents
- Corporate responsibility and sustainability enjoy strategic importance
At L&R, the focus is on people and caring for their health. With the claim People.Health.Care. three independent areas are focused on, which together represent the core of L&R’s vision and values: problem solvers in a position to help people worldwide.
L&R is aware of its responsibility to society. They are therefore committed to sustainable corporate development, protecting the environment and fulfilling their social responsibility towards society. And new measures are constantly being implemented to ensure that we remain a reliable partner for customers, business partners and employees in the future. The successes in this area are reflected in the numerous certificates, awards and ratings that L&R receives every year.
In order to anchor strategic steps towards economic, ecological and social sustainability even more firmly in the company in future, “Corporate Sustainability” was established as an independent area of responsibility.
- Growing pressure from customers & suppliers to visibly assume corporate responsibility
- Lack of a place to have all CSR data at hand
- Frequent requests from departments such as Sales, for certificates such as ISO, EcoVadis etc.
- High manual effort to create internal reports/presentations to measure CSR success
- Tenders and their sustainability requirements can often only be fulfilled with a great deal of manual effort
The pressure from customers and other stakeholders to take responsibility for social, environmental and economic issues has also increased noticeably for L&R. Corporate responsibility and its transparency is more relevant to business today than ever before – not least often for tenders.
In the past, the former sustainability officer was almost exclusively occupied with audits, certifications and evaluations. In addition, the CSR information is prepared and communicated within the company.
A solution should therefore be found that provides a central data hub that automates as much of the manual work as possible.
- ESG data management in one place with VERSO
- Fast and flexible availability of information
- Simple, intuitive operation
- Significant time savings for the sustainability department
- Fast support – online and by phone
- Reader-friendly online profile (internal website) for cross-departmental use
In order to make ESG successes accessible to all colleagues and partners, there is now a central location where every employee can quickly gain an overview: The sustainability database, provided by VERSO.
The content available online not only supports the basic idea of the paperless office and enables transparent stakeholder communication that is always available, it also offers real added value for tenders, invitations to tender or rating agencies.
The CSR data can also be presented in a graphically appealing way at the touch of a button, for example for management reporting. This saves the Corporate Sustainability Manager, Jasmine Schweitzer, a lot of time and nerves, which she now uses to further develop the content.
Whenever they or their colleagues reach their limits, VERSO’s German-speaking support team can be reached at any time via all common communication channels.